Monthly Archives: November 2019

Australian Working Visas

Obtaining an Australian Work Visa can be a complicated process. The many sub-classes of visas, from independent to nominated to sponsored and more, can be an overwhelming amount of information to process. CLICK HERE to enlist the help of ASC Migration and for further information so we can quickly work out which would be the best Working Visa option for your situation.

New Skilled Occupation List

The skilled occupation list (SOL) was updated yesterday. It is designed to fill gaps in the workforce by attracting professionals to live and work in Australia and reflects which areas are currently suffering from skill shortages.

The SOL list applies to all points-based skilled migration applications, and can also be used by a Student Graduate visa applicant. Please complete a Free Assessment to gauge if you will meet the Basic Threshold Requirements for the grant of a visa.

Partner Visas

Partner visas are for people who are married, engaged, or in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen and want to live with their partner in Australia which is suitable for the wife, husband or de-facto (including same sex relationship) partner.

If unmarried – they must;

  • Live together (or do not live apart on a permanent basis);
  • Be commited to a shared life as husband and wife to exclusion of all others; And
  • Must have lived together for a period of at least 12 months prior to lodging visa application.

Aapplicants should be able to:

  • Provide evidence detailing mutual commitment – which includes the length of the relationship and time      spent living together;
  • Provide financial evidence supporting their mutual commitment to their partner;
  • Provide evidence demonstrating the social aspects of the relationship.

To gauge if you are eligible in this category please complete a General Enquiry

Skilled Independent Visa

You can apply for a Skilled Independent Visa in Australia or overseas. You must first lodge an Expression of Interest and then be invited by the Department of Immigration (DIAC) to do so. Once invited it is very important that you have all required documentation prepared to lodge as soon as possible after receiving the invitation.

Other qualification criteria is you:

  • Meet the pass mark in the skilled migration points test – currently 60
  • Be aged between 18 and 49 inclusive
  • Pass Skills Assessment in your nominated occupation
  • Have Competent English or higher (or be a holder of approved passports)
  • Meet health and character requirements

You can include family members (who will have full work rights) in your application:

ASC Migration are Skilled Visa processing specialists. We can get help you with;

  • Getting your skills assessed
  • Ensuring the most pertinent aspects of your skills and experience are enhanced and amplified to maximise your points score
  • Processing and lodging all applications and communicating with each statutory authority to ensure your matter is processed without any roadblocks

Please contact us if you would like assistance with your Skilled Independent visa application.

Business Investors and Business Owners

Visas in this category are for investors and business owners who wish to establish business operations in Australia.

This is a 4 year temporary visa and once you have maintained an investment in Australia for 4 years or established an ownership interest in an Australian business, you can apply for permanent residence.

A 2 year extension is also possible in certain circumstances and applicants can also be nominated by an Australian State or Territory government.

Criterion that is common to each visa is applicants must also meet the following:

  • Receive an invitation to apply
  • Be under 55 years of age, unless the nominating state or territory certifies that you will make an exceptional economic benefit
  • Meet the pass mark in the ‘Points Test’ (currently 65)
  • Have an overall successful career in business or investment

Business migration is extremely complicated which requires a great deal of expertise. To determine you eligibility contact us now.

Partner Visa

Partner Visa

To be eligible in this category, you must either be married, engage to, or in a defacto relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen and this person (your partner) must sponsor you.

Married and defacto couples must live together and must show a mutual commitment to a shared life together, whereas couples who are engaged must have a genuine intention to marry.

To determine if you qualify for a partner visa begin the process by taking a Free Assessment now.

Skilled Nominated Visa

This points-based visa is for skilled workers who are nominated by a state or territory in Australia, who can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia and who can include certain family members in this visa application:

You must;

  • submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and be nominated
  • have an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list
  • have a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
  • be less than 50 years of age when the invitation is issued
  • meet the English language requirements
  • be able to score at least 60 on the points test.

Ensure you engage an Australian Registered Migration Agent at ASC Migration who will amplify your skills and experience to enhance your application. This will ensure you meet the strict requirements for visa grant.

If you are invited to apply for this visa you can be in or outside Australia when you lodge your application. Invitations are based on claims made in your EOI and are supported by relevant evidence.

ASC Migration will ensure you provide the relevant documents and applications by invitation only. Please complete a General Enquiry now to begin the process of applying for this visa.

SkillSelect and Expression of Interest

If you want to migrate to Australia as a skilled migrant and you have the skills Australia needs you may need to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) via the Department of Immigration’s SkillSelect system.

If you are interested in the following visas,

  • Skilled – Independent (Permanent) Visa
  • Skilled – Nominated (Permanent)Visa
  • Skilled – Regional Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional)Visa
  • Business Talent (Permanent)Visa
  • Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional)Visa

You can also express interest in the following visa programs on your EOI to be contacted by an employer who may be attracted to your skills and experience.

  • Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)
  • Regional Sponsored Scheme (RSMS)
  • Subclass 457 – Temporary Work (Skilled)

You will need to receive an invitation before you can apply for a visa and you can express interest in a range of skilled migration visas in one EOI.

You will be asked to provide a range of information in your EOI depending on the visa(s) you want to be considered for, such as:

  • basic personal information
  • nominated occupation
  • work experience
  • study and education
  • level of English skills
  • details of a Skills Assessment, related to your nominated occupation
  • business and investment experience.

An EOI is not a visa application, it is an indication that you would like to be considered for a skilled visa. Consequently it is now more important than ever that you engage an Australian Registered Migration Agent who will ensure the important and pertinent aspects of your application are enhanced and amplified so that it attracts the attention it deserves.

For more details on what questions and information you will need to supply in your EOI, you should contact us for the visa(s) you are interested in.

Permanent Employment Visa

Australian businesses can recruit skilled workers and professionals on permanent visas to fill full-time highly skilled positions which cannot be filled from the Australian labour market.

Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)

The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) allows employers to sponsor overseas workers and professionals for a permanent visa to work in Australia.

Applicants must be under 45 years and had their skills assessed as suitable for their nominated occupation by the relevant skills assessing authority (and have at least 3 years full-time work experience in the occupation before the visa application is lodged).

They must also meet English language competencies subject to the occupation however, it is possible to seek exemption from age, skill, and English language levels under exceptional circumstances conditions.

Employers must provide working conditions that are no less favourable than provided for under the relevant Australian legislation and awards.

Meet the minimum salary level for ENS.

To gauge if you are eligible in this category please complete a Free Assessment

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) Visa

The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) allow employers in regional or low population growth areas in Australia who have been unable to fill a skilled position from the local labour market to sponsor overseas workers and professionals.

Under the RSMS, employers can fill vacancies by nominating skilled workers and professionals from overseas or temporary residents already in Australia. The RSMS gives sponsored migrant employees and their dependant family member’s permanent residence.

  • The employment vacancy must be full-time and must be certified by a Regional Certifying Body.
  • The vacancy must provide working conditions that are no less favourable than provided for under the relevant Australian legislation and awards
  • The position be a highly skilled occupation that is on the Employer Nomination Scheme Occupation List
  • The vacant position must meet the minimum salary level for RSMS.
  • The applicant must demonstrate they have the appropriate skills, qualifications and/or experience to fill the position
  • Applicants must meet any mandatory licensing, registration or professional membership requirements.
  • Applicants must be under 45 years of age
  • Applicants must have Vocational English language ability.

Please contact us if you would like further information regarding an RSMS visa.