Skilled 494 Employer Sponsored Regional (Temporary)
This Visa is designed for regional employers to address labour shortages within their region by sponsoring skilled workers to live and work in designated regional areas of Australia.
Designated Regional Areas are defined by the Department of Immigration as locations in Australia outside of the major cities of Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane as designated regional areas. Perth, Adelaide and even the Gold Coast in Queensland are now classed as regional areas.
The Skilled Worker will be allowed to reside in Australia for up to 5 years on this temporary visa and will be eligible to apply for a permanent resident visa after only 3 years of holding it.
They Skilled Worker must be nominated by an approved sponsor whose business is lawfully operating in Australia.
As with all visa applications there are certain requirements that must be met and we will make sure that we cover all requirements for you. Here is a brief outline however of some of the requirements an applicant for this visa must meet, such as;
• be aged under 45 at time of application
• work only for the sponsor or an associated entity.
• have a skills assessment for the nominated skilled occupation
• have a minimum of three years full-time employment experience in the nominated occupation (the Department of Immigration may consider part-time work) and;
• have a minimum level of Competent English (test will be required unless you are a citizen and hold a passport from UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland) (other easy methods and ways to meet this requirement will be provided if you engage our services)
Health and character criteria will also apply to all family members and dependents, and the employer sponsor must also meet sponsorship and nomination requirements.
The Skilled Worker and their eligible family members will also be entitled to:
• Live, study and work in a designated regional area of Australia;
• Travel in and out of Australia as many times as they want during the duration of the visa;
• Be eligible for Medicare
• Apply for permanent residency through the Skilled Worker Subclass 191 Visa (see the relevant page on our website). Note: The Skilled Worker must have had a taxable income at or above the income threshold ($53,900 per year) for each of the 3 years immediately before applying.
ASC Migration are ‘Regional Visa’ processing experts, so if you’d like to apply for this visa, speak to our registered migration agent who will ensure that your application is correctly processed so that it is enhanced and any confusion is eliminated.
If you are a ‘Skilled Tradesperson’ or ‘Professional’ (this includes those with ‘on-the-job’ experience) and are thinking, regional Australia looks attractive, we offer a FREE NO OBLIGATION’ assessment.
If you are a ‘Skilled Worker’ please complete a GENERAL ENQUIRY to get started and remember that every part of Australia except the major cities of Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane are now regarded as ‘Regional’. Even the cities of Perth, Adelaide and the Gold Coast in Queensland are regarded as ‘Regional’.
If you are a Business or an Employer please complete the form below.
Error: Contact form not found.