Enrolled nurses (ENs) complete a 2-year Diploma of Nursing and then work under the supervision of a registered nurse. Typical duties include:
- regularly recording patients’ temperature, pulse, blood pressure and respiration
- providing interventions, treatments and therapies from patient care plans (including administering medicines)
- assisting registered nurses and other team members with health education activities
- working in multidisciplinary teams; and
- helping patients with their activities of daily living.
An enrolled nurse can become a registered nurse by completing further education.
Registered nurses (RNs) complete a 3-year Bachelor of Nursing or 2-year Master of Nursing through a university. Their scope of practice can include:
- assessing patients
- developing a nursing care plan
- administering medicines
- providing specialised nursing care
- working in multidisciplinary teams
- supervising ENs and junior RNs
- undertaking regular professional development
- performing leadership and management roles such as being a nursing unit manager or team leader
- working in advanced nursing practice roles.
Nurse practitioners (NPs) are RNs who have been endorsed. NPs practise independently in an advanced and extended clinical role, and can prescribe some medicines and must:
- be a registered nurse with no restrictions on practice.
- have 5,000 hours of experience at the advanced clinical nursing practice level in the past 6 years.
- have completed an approved program of study at a master degree level.
- State and territory governments employ most NPs in acute care settings.
If you are considering nursing in Australia these ‘Entry-Level’ and ‘Advanced’ courses can set you up for a rewarding career in the medical profession.
Just complete the ‘General Enquiry’ form below and we will assess your eligibility OBLIGATION FREE.
If you are not a fully qualified Nurse why not become a Student.
That way you will get a great Nursing qualification IN Australia and that would boost your employment prospects. Please check out some great Colleges & Universities on our Student Visa page HERE. Please complete the small assessment form on the same page, and we will evaluate your eligibility ‘OBLIGATION FREE’.
Fully Qualified Professionals – Please complete the form below – Students please click HERE
Error: Contact form not found.