Regional visas – a great way immigrate to Australia
The Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – is for ‘Points-Tested’ applicants who are nominated by a State or Territory government or those who are sponsored by an eligible family member to live and work in regional Australia.
There are over 500 more additional occupations available to regional applicants to work in regional Australia than exist in the ‘Independent Skilled Migration’ category and visa applications in this category get priority processing.
With this visa you can;
- stay in Australia for 5 years
- live, work and study in any part of a designated region of Australia
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want and
- apply for permanent residence, if eligible, after 3 years.
The current pass-mark for points-tested migrants the is 65, however, significant incentives to apply for Skilled Migration to regional Australia exist, and now that Perth in WA and the Gold Coast is classed as regional, this category is significant with such incentives as;
- 10 additional points for an assessed skilled spouse or de facto partner if he/she is under 45 years of age or 5 additional points if not.
- 10 additional points for applicants without a spouse or de facto partner.
- 10 additional points for an applicant with an Australian citizen or permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen spouse or de facto partner;
- 5 additional points for an applicant without an Australian citizen or permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen spouse or de facto partner who has competent English
- 10 additional points for certain Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics qualifications;
- 15 additional points for an applicant nominated by a State or Territory government agency or sponsored by a family member residing in regional Australia, to live and work in regional Australia;
The English language threshold has also been lowered which will greatly benefit non-English speaking immigrants.
Please note that all these incentives may not apply to you, so to fully understand the factors that will affect your eligibility and to determine if you meet the basic requirements for a Regional Visa complete a General Enquiry today.
Error: Contact form not found.