Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)
Temporary Residence Transition Stream
With this visa, you can
- live, work and study in Australia indefinitely
- sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia
- apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
If you hold a subclass 457, TSS or related Bridging visa A, B or C you can apply for this visa.
- usually, have worked for your employer for at least 3 years full time while holding a subclass 457 or TSS visa (on 25.11.23 this will reduce to 2 years)
- have been nominated by an Australian employer whose nomination was approved in the 6 months and
- eligible TSS – short term stream visa holders, and those visa holders with an occupation on the Regional Occupation List (ROL)will be able to apply through the TRT stream (see our Regional Visas tab)
Changes planned for TRT stream nomination requirements include:
- allowing employers to nominate holders of all streams of TSS visas (including Short-term and Labour Agreement streams).
- removing the requirement for nominated occupations for the TRT stream to be assessed against a skilled migration occupation list. The nominated occupation will need to be listed in the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) and the nominated worker will need to continue to work in the occupation nominated for their TSS visa(s).
- reducing the period of time a TSS visa holder must hold their visa and work in their nominated position or occupation to be eligible to be nominated by their employer for the TRT stream to two out of the three years before nomination.
- updating age exemptions for regional medical practitioner applicants and high income earning applicants aged 45 years and over to allow for a two-year pathway.
- Reducing the time an applicant needs to be employed by the nominating employer from 3 years to 2 years.
Applicants – if you are a ‘Skilled Tradesperson’ or ‘Professional’ (this includes those with ‘on-the-job’ experience) please complete a General Enquiry to get started on assessing your eligibility to apply for a visa in this category ‘OBLIGATION FREE’
Would like to get a great qualification IN Australia? Then why not become a Student and kick off a great career, and work whilst doing so? Check out our Student Visa page HERE
Business – Employer?
Are you a business with someone in mind that you’d like to sponsor. If so please complete the form below.
Error: Contact form not found.