Skilled Employer-Sponsored Subclass 494 Visa
Employers in regional Australia, as well as State and Territory governments, who sponsor regional skilled migrants, will have access to nearly 700 more occupations than the equivalent non-regional visas.
With this visa you can;
- live, work and study in designated regional area of Australia for 5 years (Designated regional areas include all of Australia except for Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane and note that Perth and the Gold Coast are now classed as ‘Regional’)
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want and
- apply for permanent residence, if eligible, after 3 years.
- You can include family members when you submit your visa application
- add a dependent child after you submit but before your visa application is finalised
- You can also apply in Australia if you hold a substantive visa or a Bridging visa A,
Bridging visa B or a Bridging visa C.
The English language threshold has also been lowered which will greatly benefit non-English speaking immigrants.
To fully understand the factors that will affect your eligibility and to determine if you meet the basic requirements to become an approved sponsor please complete the following (obligation free) assessment questionnaire.