Every part of Australia, except Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne is now regarded as ‘Regional’ (even Perth, Adelaide, and the Gold Coast are regional).
The SC491 provisional visa is for skilled workers who want to live and work in regional Australia and they (and their accompanying family if any) can;
- stay in Australia for 5 years.
- live, work and study in a designated regional area of Australia.
- travel to and from Australia as many times as required, while the visa is valid.
- apply for permanent residence 3 years after the visa is granted and activated.
Applicants for this visa must be nominated by:
- an Australian state or territory government agency or
- sponsored by an eligible family member residing in a designated regional area and be invited to apply for the visa, following submission of an Expression of Interest (EOI) in SkillSelect.
- Be under 45 years of age and
- Have a positive skills assessment
Due to the covid-19 pandemic, some States and Territories made changes to their immigration policy and stopped accepting applications last year. Now, however, as Australia is experiencing phenomenal growth, these programs are expected to resume, and applications rise significantly.
Begin your journey down under with a general enquiry. please complete a General Enquiry, and we’ll assess your immigration eligibility.