Skilled Work (Provisional)
The Subclass 491 Regional Work Visa enables eligible skilled workers and their families to live, work and study in designated regional areas of Australia for 5 years. After 3 years however, visa holders are eligible to apply for a Permanent Residence Visa (see the tab ‘Skilled Work (Permanent)’.
Every part of Australia is now regarded as Regional except for Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. And please note that the cities of Perth, Adelaide and even the Gold Coast in Queensland are now regarded as Regional.
IMPORTANT: If required, applicants may move between regional areas of Australia whilst they hold this visa.
Attractions and Incentives of this Visa;
• Thousands of more places are allocated each year in this category.
• Applicants must be sponsored, either by an eligible Relative or a State/Territory authority
• Visas in this category are initially granted for 5 years
• Applicants must live and work for only 3 years in a Regional area to qualify for Permanent Residency
• The main applicant must be invited to apply for this visa and;
• You must have ‘Competent’ English
• The main applicant must be positively ‘Skills Assessed’ (based on their work experience and/or their skilled qualifications and/or their ‘on-the-job’ work experience).
This visa is points based which are allocated in the usual way for age, qualifications, overseas and Australian work experience, Australian study, and English Language level. Additional points however will be allocated in the following circumstances:
• 15 points for your nomination by a State or Territory government agency OR you are sponsored by a family member residing in Regional Australia.
• 10 points for certain Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) qualifications; and
• 10 points if one of the following apply:
• Your Spouse or De Facto partner is positively skilled assessed and has proven ‘Competent’ English OR
• You do not have a Spouse or De Facto partner (e.g. you are single)
• 5 points: if your partner is over 45 years of age, has proven ‘Competent’ English and does not need a Skills Assessment.
ASC Migration specialises in Regional migration. Whether you are inside or outside Australia we can assist you. To assess which category best suits you and to check your eligibility please complete an ‘OBLIGATION FREE GENERAL ENQUIRY‘ today.
Error: Contact form not found.