Partner – Married or De Facto Spouse
Partner and de facto spouse visas are one of the most complicated types of visas to apply for. Consequently the complexities involved with applying for a visa in this category should not be under-estimated.
This visa allows you to enter or remain in Australia on the basis of your Married or your De Facto relationship with your partner (including same sex couples).
You may include your dependent children (including step-children) in your visa application also.
The visa is granted;
- on a temporary visa (for a waiting period of approximately two years)
- after the waiting period, if your partner relationship still exists you will be eligible for the transition of this to a permanent visa (no further application is required).
- on a permanent visa without the 2 year waiting period if children are included in your application (Conditions Apply)
Your partner must be eligible to provide sponsorship for you and, if you applied for this visa from outside Australia.
- you will be permitted to enter Australia after the temporary visa is granted.
- you will be entitled to work in Australia
- you will be entitled to study in Australia.
- you may enrol in Australia’s medical and hospital care scheme, Medicare.
Additionally, when you are granted a permanent visa –
- you may be eligible to receive certain social security payments
- you may be eligible to apply for Australian citizenship
The De Facto Spouse applicant must be at least 18 years at the time of application.
You and your partner must have been in a De Facto relationship for the entire 12 months immediately prior to lodging your application and you must provide evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship (this requirement can be waived in certain circumstances).
Unfortunately, many people do not seek professional assistance when applying for Partner or De Facto Spouse Visas, which is part of the reason it has a 72% rejection rate.
While this may seem like a gloomy number, you can minimise the risk of a refusal by engaging the professionals at ASC Migration because we can guarantee, if you meet the strict requirements for the grant of a visa in this category, you will not rist paying a visa application fee (which is now $8,850) just to receive a rejection (application fees will not be refunded when mistakes are made – we however don’t make mistakes).
To find out if you and your partner meet the requirements for this visa pathway, begin by completing an ‘OBLIGATION FREE GENERAL ENQUIRY‘ today.
Error: Contact form not found.