ASC Migration Blog

Welcome - Subscribe to our blog to get the latest news and information regarding Australian Migration Visas

ASC Migration are specialist Australian migration agents. Our dedication to our clients guarantees that they will receive expert professional advice and assistance during every step in the immigration process.

Our specialist understanding of immigration law and its processes ensures we apply the most up-to-date and cutting-edge immigration solutions to any potential migrant’s matter. This is particularly evident in circumstances whereby a client’s frustration and confusion necessitates some clever and innovative consolidation.

Skilled Independent Visa

You can apply for a Skilled Independent Visa in Australia or overseas. You must first lodge an Expression of Interest and then be invited by the Department of Immigration (DIAC) to do so. Once invited it is very important that you have all required documentation prepared to lodge as soon as possible after receiving the invitation.

Other qualification criteria is you:

  • Meet the pass mark in the skilled migration points test - currently 60
  • Be aged between 18 and 49 inclusive
  • Pass Skills Assessment in your nominated occupation
  • Have Competent English or higher (or be a holder of approved passports)
  • Meet health and character requirements

You can include family members (who will have full work rights) in your application:  

ASC Migration are Skilled Visa processing specialists. We can get help you with;

  • Getting your skills assessed
  • Ensuring the most pertinent aspects of your skills and experience are enhanced and amplified to maximise your points score
  • Processing and lodging all applications and communicating with each statutory authority to ensure your matter is processed without any roadblocks

Please contact us if you would like assistance with your Skilled Independent visa application.

Rate this blog entry:
Continue reading
1333 Hits

Partner Visas

Partner visas are for people who are married, engaged, or in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen and want to live with their partner in Australia which is suitable for the wife, husband or de-facto (including same sex relationship) partner.

If unmarried – they must;

  • Live together (or do not live apart on a permanent basis);
  • Be commited to a shared life as husband and wife to exclusion of all others; And
  • Must have lived together for a period of at least 12 months prior to lodging visa application.

Aapplicants should be able to:

  • Provide evidence detailing mutual commitment – which includes the length of the relationship and time      spent living together;
  • Provide financial evidence supporting their mutual commitment to their partner;
  • Provide evidence demonstrating the social aspects of the relationship.

To gauge if you are eligible in this category please complete a Free Assessment

Rate this blog entry:
Continue reading
1281 Hits

New Skilled Occupation List

The skilled occupation list (SOL) was updated yesterday. It is designed to fill gaps in the workforce by attracting professionals to live and work in Australia and reflects which areas are currently suffering from skill shortages.

The SOL list applies to all points-based skilled migration applications, and can also be used by a Student Graduate visa applicant. Please complete a Free Assessment to gauge if you will meet the Basic Threshold Requirements for the grant of a visa.

Rate this blog entry:
Continue reading
1345 Hits

Australian Working Visas

Obtaining an Australian Work Visa can be a complicated process. The many sub-classes of visas, from independent to nominated to sponsored and more, can be an overwhelming amount of information to process. CLICK HERE to enlist the help of ASC Migration so we can quickly work out which would be the best Working Visa option for your situation.

Rate this blog entry:
Continue reading
1258 Hits