Monthly Archives: October 2023

Nurses Urgently Needed in Australia?

Are you a qualified nurse? If so, please consider that the average nurse salary in Australia is $87,823 while most experienced workers make up to $121,997 per year?

Whilst in the United Kingdom for instance the average pay ranges from an entry level of $46,329, to a nurse with 20 + years’ experience who will earn $65,639.

Australia has always been the most appealing destination for nurses to build a successful career or to enjoy what Australia has to offer (such as, a great climate, a great environment and a great place to raise a family).

There are ample opportunities to be a part of the most trusted group of working professionals in the world and make a real difference in the life of vulnerable people

You could even apply to take a course in Nursing and give yourself not only the chance of Australian residency, but a Nursing qualification that will enhance your career.

An Enrolled Nurse qualification is a great place to start because it can be built upon (in Australia) and allow you to study for a ‘Bachelor of Nursing’. You could then build on that qualification by adding a ‘Master of Nursing’ to enhance your career further (and of course your earning potential) (the possibilities are endless).


If you are considering any of the above pathways to Australia, take a look at our dedicated Medical Professionals website page HERE. Then select any of the ‘drop-down’ menus to peruse further information regarding the many avenues at your disposal.

Then just send us a ‘NO OBLIGATION’ FREE assessment from this page and we will assess your eligibility

Nursing in Australia

Are you a Nurse (Registered or Enrolled) that is thinking of migrating to Australia? OR would you be willing to migrate to Australia as a Student and train to become one?

If so, take the worry out of this decision and use a highly-skilled migration agency that has over 40 years of experience between our United Kingdom representative Lesley Smith (see her contact details on the ‘Home’ page) and our principal John Kavanagh (email

To get precise and accurate information now about your immigration status, please complete a FREE ‘General Enquiry’ so that we can  set you on the journey to a new life in Australia.


Medical Practitioner 
(often referred to as a ‘Doctor’) plays a critical role in providing high-quality health care for Australians and are responsible for:

• diagnosing and treating physical and mental illnesses, disorders and injuries
• recommending preventative action
• referring patients to specialists, other health care workers, and social, welfare and support workers.

Doctors in Australia complete at least 4 years in a university or accredited medical school followed by a compulsory 12-month internship. Most doctors then spend several years training in a medical specialty, such as general practice, surgery or psychiatry.

International Doctors or Specialists
International medical graduates from outside of Australia or New Zealand must meet the requirements for either the:

• competent authority pathway – usually for non-specialists, but also specialists with qualifications from the UK, Ireland, USA, New Zealand and Canada
• specialist pathway – for specialists seeking specialist recognition or applying for an area-of-need specialist position
• standard pathway – for doctors not eligible for the other 2 pathways.

Nurses and Midwives
Nurses care for people (individuals, families, groups and communities) in all health and aged care settings. Nurses are the facilitators of the health and care systems and possess the qualifications, knowledge and skills to provide high quality care.

Nurses and midwives work with many other health professionals in the public and private health sectors such as;

• public hospitals
• private hospitals
• aged care (both residential and home)
• primary care practices including general practice
• community health services
• schools
• correctional facilities
• rural and remote communities
• Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services

Together, nurses and midwives make up more than half of Australia’s health workforce – and almost 90 per cent are women and they can use any of the following protected titles to describe themselves:

• enrolled nurse
• registered nurse
• nurse practitioner.

Enrolled nurse
Enrolled nurses (ENs) complete a 2-year Diploma of Nursing and then work under the supervision of a registered nurse. Typical duties include:

• regularly recording patients’ temperature, pulse, blood pressure and respiration
• providing interventions, treatments and therapies from patient care plans (including administering medicines)
• assisting registered nurses and other team members with health education activities
• working in multidisciplinary teams; and
• helping patients with their activities of daily living.

An enrolled nurse can become a registered nurse by completing further education.

Registered nurse
Registered nurses (RNs) complete a 3-year Bachelor of Nursing or 2-year Master of Nursing through a university. Their scope of practice can include:

• assessing patients
• developing a nursing care plan
• administering medicines
• providing specialised nursing care
• working in multidisciplinary teams
• supervising ENs and junior RNs
• undertaking regular professional development
• performing leadership and management roles such as being a nursing unit manager or team leader
• working in advanced nursing practice roles.

Nurse practitioner
Nurse practitioners (NPs) are RNs who have been endorsed. NPs practise independently in an advanced and extended clinical role, and can prescribe some medicines and must:
• be a registered nurse with no restrictions on practice.
• have 5,000 hours of experience at the advanced clinical nursing practice level in the past 6 years.
• have completed an approved program of study at a master degree level.

• State and territory governments employ most NPs in acute care settings.

Midwives work collaboratively with many other health professionals. A midwife may practise and give the necessary support, care and advice during pregnancy, birth and the first few weeks after birth in any setting including the home, community, public and private hospitals, birth centres, clinics or health units including Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations.

In Australia, midwives must have completed an approved course in midwifery through a university and their scope of practice includes:

• providing health support, care and advice to women before conception, and during pregnancy, labour, birth and the postnatal period
• promoting natural childbirth and identifying complications for the woman and her baby
• consulting with other health professionals and referring to medical care or other health professions when required
• implementing emergency measures.

Endorsed Midwife
An endorsed midwife has done extra training and can prescribe certain medications and must:

• successfully complete an approved program of study that leads to an endorsement for scheduled medicines.
• register as a midwife in Australia without conditions.
• complete the equivalent of 3 years full-time clinical practice (5,000 hours) in the past 6 years.

Completed hours can be across the full continuity of midwifery care or in a specified context of practice. Recognised contexts of practice include antenatal, postnatal and antenatal and postnatal combined.

Aged Care
Aged care is the support provided to older people in their own home or in an aged care (nursing) home. It can include help with everyday living, health care, accommodation and equipment such as walking frames or ramps.

Different types of organisations provide aged care services in Australia, including:

a. not-for-profit organisations
b. government organisations
c. for-profit private companies.

Dentists must complete a minimum 4-year undergraduate degree, or 4-year postgraduate master course and they must complete further training to specialise.

Dentists provide:

• assessment, diagnosis, treatment, management and preventive services
• diagnosis and treatment of diseases, injuries and abnormalities of teeth and gums
• restorative and preventive procedures
• surgery or other specialist services.

Medical and Health training in Australia
Health professions are either:

• regulated by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency under the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme (NRAS) through national boards that represent each profession.
• self-regulated and represented by health profession associations.

You can study or train in one of the regulated professions to complete an approved program of study. ASC Migration are very familiar with the requirements of each profession (which are very strict) so contact us now.

If you are a Doctor, Nurse or Medical Professional OR you are interested in studying to become one, please complete a General Enquiry and we will asses your eligibiity to be granted an Australian visa for Free.


Would you like your parent/s to join you in Australia? Parent visas are designed to allow Australian citizens and settled Australian permanent residents to sponsor their parents to come, live and stay in Australia permanently.

There are two kinds of parent visa – Non-contributory and Contributory. The non-contributory Parent Visa has no additional ‘Health Contribution Charge’ for an applicant to pay but can take up to 25 years to process.

Contributory Parent

Would you like your parent/s to join you in Australia? Parent visas are designed to allow Australian citizens and settled Australian permanent residents to sponsor their parents to come, live and stay in Australia permanently.

There are two kinds of parent visa – Non-contributory and Contributory. The non-contributory Parent v\Visa have no additional ‘Health Contribution Charge’ for an applicant to pay but can take up to 25 years to process.

Contributory Parent Visas on the other hand, do attract a ‘Health Contribution Charge’ (this charge is designed to compensate the Australian Government for health care costs associated with the elderly and is currently set at approximately $43,600) This visa usually only take approximately 3-4 years to process.

The costs associated with applying for Contributory Parent Visas can also be paid in 2 instalments (2 years apart) (conditions apply).

There are other criteria such as the balance of family test and health criteria that must be satisfied to be eligible for a parent visa (we will assess your eligibility). There are  however also ‘Temporary Parent Visas’ available to parents who do not meet the balance of family test.

Just complete this small enquiry HERE and we will assess your eligibility.


Are you a highly-skilled tradesperson that is thinking of migrating to Australia? If so, check out our ‘Skilled’ visa page for more information.
If you are not a tradesperson, would you be interested in training to become one in Australia? If so, check out the ‘Construction’ and ‘Engineering’ provider course pages and links on our ‘Student Visas’ page for more information.
Are you interested in the medical profession or becoming a qualified nurse accredited and registered by the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) to practise as an enrolled nurse in Australia. If so, check out the TAFE, IHM or IHNA pages and links on our ‘Student Visas’ page at for more information.
Would you be interested in Australia’s new Skilled Work Regional Visas where some fabulous concessions are granted to migrants in these categories? These new visas have a five-year term and provide a pathway to permanent residence. For further information about these changes, please see our Skilled Visas page for more information.
Are you are a skilled worker with at least 2 years of full-time work experience in an occupation in demand that your employer wants to sponsor you for? (Note: if you are a highly skilled tradesperson or professional, it is very likely an employer will sponsor you) Please see our dedicated Employer Sponsored for more information.

As you can see……………… there are many opportunities to migrate to Australia, because the demand for migrants’ far outstrips supply. And as you can see from our website, it is a very complicated process, but the good news is, migration is all we do and we are in your corner. We’ve processed 1,000’s of visas since our inception in 2003 for 1,000’s of satisfied clients. Complete these few questions HERE and we’ll assess your eligibility to progress for FREE.


The Employer Sponsored visa pathway offers varies pathways to permanent residency through Sponsorship and temporary Nomination TSS visas to the permanent Employer Nomination Scheme Visas and various Regional Visa options.

With over 20 years of extensive experience ASC Migration are well placed to assist with all issues in relation to the employer sponsored visa process, including business sponsorship applications, nomination applications, compliance and waivers.

The TSS Visa (Temporary Skill Shortage Visa)- Subclass 482 leads to permanent residency but initially is made-up of 3 separate visa applications (the sponsor application, the nomination application, and the subclass 482 application itself) so you will definitely need an expert in your corner.

Please complete a ‘General Enquiry’ Here and we will assess your eligibility for FREE

Regional Sponsored Visas

The opportunities that exist for individuals and families that are thinking of migrating to Australia are vast. Why not consider ‘Regional Australia’? And don’t be put off by the ‘Regional’ tag that might make you think it will be ‘Sparsely Populated’.

Regional Australia can be quite bustling in parts. For instance, the population of Kalgoorlie in Western Australia is over 30,000 and this town is regarded as ‘Regional’ (so as you can see, it is far from being sparsely populated).

In reality every part of Australia with the exception only of the cities of Mebourne and Sydney are now regarded as ‘Regional’ (even the Gold Coast in Queensland and Perth in Western Australia are regarded as ‘Regional’).

Regional visas also have a five-year term and provide a pathway to permanent residence. Please select the ‘Regional Visas’ tab above to peruse the vast array of visa subclass categories and pathways available or complete a ‘General Enquiry’ (also available above) and we will assess your eligibility for free.

International Student Visas

Studying in Australia is rewarding as some of the worlds best universities are here, and overall, Australia has one of the best education infrastructures in the world also.

In comparison to some countries, course fees are very competitive for studying in Australia, but it pays to shop around, as the courses you are keen for, and the eligibility of enrolment will vary from university to university.

Potential student visa applicants need to ensure they meet strict requirements to be granted a ‘Student Visa’ (such as, but not limited to, meeting the ‘Genuine Temporary Entrant’ requirement and meeting ‘Financial Evidentiary Requirements’ etc.).

Our focus is to enhance your application and to ensure we make a strong case for visa grant by demonstrating that you meet all the Department of Immigration’s requirements and showing them that you are a genuine student. Additionally, and if required, careful attention will also be paid to any accompanying family members.